Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Sebastião Salgado - Exodus

First of all, this guy is my idol. I heard about him a few years back before I went to Brazil on my LDS mission and since then, he has earned my respect as one of the best and most talented photographers anywhere. His work is absolutely riveting, to say the least, and it will open anyone's eyes to what people go through in the world.

He has an exhibit going at the Salt Lake City Library at "The Leonardo" and it goes through December 17, 2005. It's called "Exodus."

IF YOU HAVEN'T ALREADY GONE TO IT, GO ASAP!!!


Humanity is on the move, urgently, chaotically…Today, almost everything that happens on earth is somehow connected.
-Sebastião Salgado

Here's one of Salgado's photos of a Rwandan refugee camp in Benako, Tanzania. 1995


The Kamaz camp for displaced Afghans. Mazar-e äarif, Afghanistan. 1996

No comments: