Thursday, October 04, 2007

PHOTOSHOP!!

Since my birthday is coming up, I was trying to figure out what I wanted. That is always a tough call for me because I want too much stuff. (Gina says I have too many hobbies) The problem with my hobbies are that they're expensive ones. Bikes (of all kinds), photography, computers, skiing, cars, Land Rovers, etc. You just can't get away with having one of those hobbies for very cheap. Maybe I should re-start my bug collection...

At any rate, since my birthday is in October and it's not as fun to bike in the winter, (and winter is coming soon!) photography was the next best hobby to feed. So, since the new Photoshop CS3 Extended is like $1000 new and it's only $192 for students, I decided on that!




And boy is this software amazing! I know it's just work for you graphic artists, but for me it's a lot of fun.

4 comments:

gina bina said...

So much for birthday surprises...

Alex said...

I am so jealous. You have to let know how you like it.

Two Wheeler said...

It's pretty cool, but it's a bit overwhelming. I have some photoshop skills, but in watching the how-to videos, I can see that there is a lot to learn! I have never really done much post-processing of any of my pictures, so hopefully this will help the final product look better. BTW, I'm sure Northwestern has a student licensing program too, you need to try and get some cheap software from it. They put a limit on how long you can use the software and generally it's until you graduate. It's a good thing I don't graduate until 2012, right...? (that was the highest date they would let me put and I'll still be in medical study then)

Alex said...

I'll look into the Northwestern Software deals and see what they have to offer. That is one of the perks of being a student.