Friday, May 09, 2008

Bakfiets

I couldn't help but post this when I saw it on the news tonight. We've posted about the "bakfiets" (cargo bike) before: See here, and here. But this takes the cake because it's an Orem family doing it. They stopped driving their car for short errands and just take the bike instead... complete with child seats, seat belts, and a convertible roof for the rainy days! See here for the complete story.



They're a bit pricey, but Mad Dog Cycles in Orem can get them in apparently. Now I want one even more!

6 comments:

j e s s i e said...

There are days that I put Tate in the Chariot and ride if I'm just running around town. Sometimes it just feels good to ride my bike instead of drive EVERYWHERE. I haven't tried it yet with two, but I'm liking this idea - how fun!!

Two Wheeler said...

Way to go Jess, that's great! Take advantage of this nice weather, eh?

The P*dunc's said...

That is too funny. Paul grew up with Jenny and I grew up with Brad. Smart people.

Two Wheeler said...

Nice to hear it Kristen, smart people indeed!

CHUNTZ said...

Me fun....ha ha ha! I invented the word! JK, how do you always find the coolest things Brad? Where do these bikes even come from?

Two Wheeler said...

Chuntz, they originated in the Netherlands, but they're starting to trickle into the states now that our gas is not as cheap anymore.